Thank you for visiting Bull City Family Medicine and Pediatrics. Below you will find community healthcare news, educational resources, and tools for better living.
H1N1 Flu & You
- Are you concerned about H1N1? You can find clear factual information about flu viruses at our US government website by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Flu.gov has information suitable for the whole family.
Clinical Dictionaries and Medical Science
- If you’re curious about the lab tests we’ve ordered or what the results mean, check out Lab Test Online.
- Did some pills get mixed up? WebMD’s Pill Identifier can help. If you aren’t 100% certain, please bring the pills to your pharmacist.
Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less
- Individuals who want to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight or learn healthier lifestyle habits please visit Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less. Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less is a weight-management program that uses strategies proven to work. Each lesson informs, empowers and motivates participants to live mindfully as they make choices about eating and physical activity.
- HealthyChildren.org is the only parenting website backed by 60,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Whether you’re looking for general information related to child health or for more specific guidance on parenting issues, you’ve come to the right place. On HealthyChildren.org you’ll find information regarding American Academy of Pediatrics many programs and activities, their policies and guidelines, our publications and other child health resources,a s well as much, much more. Best of all, you can rest assured that the information comes from the nations leading child health experts and that we have scientific research supporting our recommendations.
Traveling out of the country?
- Traveling out of the country? Please visit www.nc.cdc.gov/travel. On this website you can find general information about vaccinations for travel, health information for travel to over 200 international destinations, diseases related to your travel, and much, much more.
- Passport Health offers travel counseling and vaccinations for every region and country in the world including: China, India, Mexico, Africa, South America, Central America, Southeast Asia and The Middle East. Please visit http://www.passporthealthusa.com/ for more information and to schedule your appointment.
- Duke’s International Travel Clinic can help travelers in North Carolina’s Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) region plan to stay healthy. Please visit http://www.dukehealth.org/services/travel_clinic/about for more information and to schedule your appointment.
- DurhamConnects.org provides in-home nurse visits free of charge to ALL patients of newborns in Durham Country, NC.
- Durham Connects support takes many forms. Their registered nurses always provide a weight and health check for baby and make sure mom is recovering well fromchild birth. Some families may also benefit from breastfeeding assistance, child care selection help, financial resources, parenting classes,help coping with post partum depression, social isolation or new family dynamics and many other issues.
- Durham Connects nurses and staff are experts in supporting families of newborns with resources right here in our community.
- According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), your child should visit the dentist by his/her 1st birthday. You can make the first visit to the dentist enjoyable and positive. Your child should be informed of the visit and told that the dentist and staff will explain all procedures and answer any questions.
- Carousel Dentistry now accepts Medicaid and North Carolina Health Choice. Drs. Rachel and Greg Perentis are general dentists serving children and young adults (ages1-18). Their office welcomes new patients from Greensboro or Durham and surrounding areas. Please visit http://www.carouseldentistry.com/ for more information.